- Last year, President Joe Biden and First Lady Jill Biden earned moreover $600,000 together.
- Vice President Kamala Harris and her husband made nearly three times as much, with a combined salary of $1.65 million.
The White House released the tax returns on Friday.
- According to their joint income tax returns revealed on Friday, President Joe Biden and his wife Jill Biden earned a combined income of $610,702 last year.
Because he took office on January 20, Joe Biden’s presidential salary was $378,333, slightly less than the average $400,000 annual compensation.
Jill Biden, the first lady, earned $67,116 as an English and writing instructor at Northern Virginia Community College.
The couple paid a 24.6 percent effective federal income tax rate, totaling $150,439, plus another $30,765 in their home state of Delaware.
The Bidens donated a total of $17,394 to charity, including $5,000 to the Beau Biden Foundation, which was established in the president’s late son’s name.
The pair made a comparable amount of money in the prior year, with a total income of $607,336.
According to their joint income tax forms, Vice President Kamala Harris and her husband Douglas Emhoff earned $1.65 million last year.
Unlike the Bidens, they did not rely on their salary for the majority of their income.
Harris claimed to earn $452,664 as a writer, and the pair made more than $319,000 from the sale of a San Francisco apartment.
Due to her starting office on January 20, Harris’ vice-presidential pay was $215,548, which was somewhat less than the customary $230,700.
Doug Emhoff, her spouse, earned $164,740 from his employment as a Georgetown Law professor.
In addition, he reported earning $582,543 as a lawyer at the law firms DLA Piper and Venable, which he quit in 2021 when Harris was elected.
- Even as Food Prices Rise, States Are Reducing Food Stamp Payments!
- Walt Disney World Has Been Called the “Worst Place on Earth” by Citizens of Florida|
- Before the State of the Union Address, Biden’s Approval Rating Falls| Latest News!
They paid $523,371 in federal income tax, which amounted to a 31.6 percent effective federal income tax rate.
According to the paperwork, the couple donated $22,100 to charity.
The White House said in a statement that “with this release, the President has shared a total of 24 years of tax returns with the American public,
once again underscoring his commitment to being transparent with the American people about the commander in chief’s finances.”
In contrast, Biden’s predecessor, Donald Trump, defied decades of precedent by refusing to reveal his tax returns.
The New York Times was able to obtain decades of Trump’s tax returns in 2020. Trump paid no federal income taxes in 11 of the paper’s 18 years of investigation.