From Monday, June 6 to Thursday, June 9, 2022, representatives from the United States Embassy’s Social Security Administration (SSA) will hold an outreach event at the Consular Agency in Cebu.
Only by appointment will services be offered. Please send an email to [email protected] with the subject line “Cebu Outreach Appointment Request” to request an appointment.
Individuals who are authorized for an appointment will receive an email with a date and time. We ask that only those who are obliged to appear in person attend the appointment to guarantee the safety of both employees and visitors.
- In 2035, What Will Social Security Look Like if It Runs Out?
- How Do Your Social Security Benefits Compare to the Rest of the Population?
- When to Notify the Social Security Administration of Life Changes!
The following services will be provided by SSA:
- Examine the basic eligibility conditions for several types of Social Security benefits.
- Create a set of benefit claims. Online applications for retirement and disability benefits are available at www.ssa.gov.
- Process applications for Social Security numbers.
- Resolve any concerns that arise after you’ve received your rewards (e.g., change of address, report of the death, Medicare enrollments, direct deposit enrollment, non-receipt of benefits, etc.)
Please bring both the originals and photocopies of any documentation you need to submit to SSA to expedite your appointment. The photocopies will be kept by the SSA representative, and the original documents will be returned to you.
At this outreach engagement, only representatives from the Social Security Administration will be present.