Snap: What Is the Washington Ebt Quest Card, and How Can Residents Apply for Benefits From the Government?

The Washington State Department of Social and Health Services administers the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), often known as Basic Food (DSHS).

Benefits are distributed on a regular basis to qualifying low-income households who use the Quest Card, Washington’s electronic benefits transfer card.

Residents in Washington may be eligible for Basic Food assistance if they meet the eligibility requirements of the federal program as well as the requirements for citizenship or alien status.

The Department of Social and Health Services will take into account your household’s income and resources.

The participation in employment activities of some able-bodied adults without dependents (ABAWDs) will also be required in order for them to continue to be eligible for Basic Food.

Washington Ebt Quest Card

ABAWDs are required to work a minimum of 20 hours per week on a monthly average, or 80 hours per month, volunteer in the community through Workfare on a monthly basis,

and enroll in state-approved job or training programs to maintain their eligibility. Not all of Washington’s counties are subject to the ABAWD regulations.

The USDA has granted permission for an ABAWD waiver to apply throughout the state. For the period between June 1, 2021, and May 31, 2022, ABAWDs in the state of Washington are exempt from the ABAWD rules.

Once you have been authorized for Basic Food, a Washington Quest Card will be issued to your home address within 30 days of your approval.

The Washington Quest Card operates in the same way as a credit or debit card, and it can be used to purchase qualified food items at any participating retailer.

More Topics:

It is possible to use your Washington Quest Card to withdraw benefits from ATMs if you are eligible for cash benefits.

To apply for the Basic Food Program in Washington, you can do it online, via phone at 1-877-501-2233, or in person at your local Community Services Office.

Through the Washington Connection site, you can complete and submit an online application for the position.

You can also use the online service to perform a prescreening to determine whether or not you qualify for benefits, renew your benefits, report a change, complete a mid-certification review, or locate further resources.