The free petrol and transit cards are intended to aid in the fight against inflation.
The lottery will begin soon, so Chicago residents should check to see if they are eligible.
Chicago is on the Move
This scheme will hand out 50,000 petrol cards that have been pre-loaded with $15. An additional 100,000 $50 transport cards are being distributed.
- Checks for Gas Stimulus to Americans: the Pressure for Payment Continues!
- Inflation and Rising Gas Prices Are Causing Many People to Make Difficult Purchasing Decisions!
- Update on the Fourth Stimulus Check for 2022: How a New Payment Could Happen!
The card can only be applied for by one person per household. A lottery will be held for eligible applicants.
To apply, you must meet the following requirements:
- be a Chicago resident
- over the age of 18
- a genuine city sticker with the relevant mailing address
- household income equal to or less than 100% of the Area Median Income
The cards will be issued through a lottery, as well as based on areas of need. Residents of the South and West sides will receive 75 percent of the gas cards.