E-file is a cooperative tax filing program that allows individuals to electronically file their individual income tax returns for both the federal and state levels of income taxation.
There are numerous advantages to filing and paying electronically, as well as receiving a return through direct deposit.
Why should you file your income tax return electronically?
- Simple, step-by-step directions are provided. By asking taxpayers questions, electronic filing software makes it easier for individuals to finish their income tax returns.
2. Refunds will be processed more quickly. On average, reimbursements are received up to six times faster when filing electronically than when filing on paper.
3. Accurate. Taxpayers can enter or upload their figures, and e-file software will take care of the rest, including error detection before the tax return is submitted.
4. Automatic. Returns are directly entered into ADOR’s computer systems. There is no waiting for postal delivery. There is no paper opening. There will be no sorting. There will be no manual data entering.
5. Acceptance confirmation is required. Taxpayers who use the service will receive an acknowledgment of receipt from both the IRS and the ADOR, letting them know that their returns have been received and are being processed.
6. Secure. The IRS and ADOR receive information that has been encrypted and delivered securely.
7. Convenient. The convenience of being able to file from home at any time of day or night, seven days a week.
What is the benefit of e-payment?
- Single-step. Taxpayers can electronically file their returns and pay their taxes in a single transaction.
2. There is no longer a need for paper checks. Preparing your paperwork ahead of time and scheduling an online payment for a time before the April deadline is a good idea.
3. You’ll have peace of mind. Withdrawals are made automatically from the taxpayer’s account, and there is no need to be concerned or keep track of transaction activity.
4. There will be no unlawful withdrawals from the account. Payment information will only be used for the tax payments approved by the taxpayer and will not be shared with any third parties.
5. Secure. There will be no disclosure of payment information other than what is necessary to complete the permitted transaction.
6. There are no ADOR service fees for e-checks. Despite the fact that the ADOR does not charge service fees, taxpayers should verify with their individual financial institutions to see whether they are charging any fees.
What are the benefits of direct deposit?
- Fast. You will receive your refund in your bank account within two business days – much faster if you file electronically! Paper refunds are mailed within three business days after approval; but, factoring in mail delivery time and a trip to the bank, it may take up to a week to receive them.
2. Extra safe and secure. There is no check to ensure that you do not get lost.
3. This is more convenient. There is no need to go to the bank to deposit the check. Nothing more than your routing and account numbers are required.
4. Free. There are no fees associated with direct deposit.
5. Flexible. Whether the return is filed electronically or on paper, this option is available.