Update on the Stimulus Check for 2022: These States Are Scheduled to Receive Payments in May!

Residents of four states in the United States may be eligible for forthcoming stimulus payments, which are expected to begin in May as the country grapples with high inflation.

This month, three states – California, Delaware, and Indiana – are anticipated to make payments, while the city of Chicago will distribute prepaid gas and transportation cards.

The following is a list of the upcoming payments per state.

California

Golden State Stimulus I (GSS 1) and Golden State Stimulus II (GSS 2) are two stimulus packages passed last year that will pay out to eligible California residents (GSS II).

Residents of the state will get a check in the amount of $600 or $1,200 in the first stimulus package, and a check in the amount of up to $1,100 in the second package.

Depending on whether they qualified for GSS I and other factors, some people may receive fewer payouts under GSS II.

California residents earning less than $75,000 per year and filing their taxes by October 15, 2021, will be eligible. In June, the state’s Franchise Tax Board (FTB) is likely to issue a new round of checks.

Residents should check their eligibility for one or both stimulus payments, according to the FTB’s website.

Delaware

By the end of May, the state of Delaware intends to give a tax rebate. Individual filers will receive $300, while married couples filing jointly would receive $600.

Update on the Stimulus Check for 2022 These States Are Scheduled to Receive Payments in May

Delaware citizens who have submitted a personal income tax return for the year 2020 will receive the rebates. According to Delaware Online, the rebate also applies to residents who did not earn enough to submit taxes in 2020.

“The state expects distributing [the] the first batch of payments in May based on 2020 return data,” Delaware’s Department of Finance (DOF) informed The United States Sun.

The Department of Defense also stated that they anticipate making more payments.

Indiana

Beginning in May of this year, the state of Indiana will provide tax rebates to qualifying residents.

Individual filers will receive a payout of $125, while married couples would receive a payment of $250. Anyone who filed taxes in the state before the 3rd of January 2022 is eligible.

Related  Updates:

Although paper checks may not be distributed until July or August, taxpayers who provided banking information with their 2021 tax forms will be paid directly.

Illinois

While the state of Illinois is set to issue payments of up to $400 to qualifying taxpayers later this year, the city of Chicago will provide people with prepaid gas and transportation cards.

The city will provide up to 50,000 $150 prepaid gas cards and 100,000 $50 prepaid transportation cards. Mayor Lori Lightfoot’s Chicago Moves initiative will distribute the cards.

According to the website of Chicago Moves, 75% of the cards would “prioritize citizens in community areas that confront more mobility hardship,” while the remaining 25% will be distributed “citywide in equal amounts to each ward.”

A lottery will be used to distribute the cards, which will begin in the second week of May and go until September.

“Use of the gas card shall be limited to the purchase of gas at pumps situated at any filling station within the City of Chicago,” according to the terms of the agreement.

Applicants must be over the age of 18 and have a household income of 100% or less of the region’s median income (specific data for the areas can be found on the Chicago Moves website).

A “current and valid City sticker with correct mailing information for the vehicle” is required for those applying for a gas card.

Reply