The second round of Social Security checks reflecting the new 5.9 percent cost of living adjustment was sent this month, and recipients are now awaiting the third round, which is expected to arrive in March, to arrive.
For individuals who qualify for the adjustment, the increase in the Consumer Price Index (CPI) was the greatest in nearly 40 years, and it couldn’t have come at a better time.
United States inflation is currently at a record-breaking 7.5 percent and is projected to continue climbing as the epidemic and supply chain concerns it has produced continue to rage.
The following is the Social Security payment schedule for the month of March:
- If your birthday falls between the first and tenth of the month, your reward will be distributed on the second Wednesday of the month, March 9.
- If your birthday falls between March 11th and March 20th, your payment will be distributed on the third Wednesday of the month, March 16.
- If your birthday falls between March 21st and March 31st, your payment will be distributed on the third Wednesday of the month, March 23.
You may be eligible to apply for Supplemental Security Income if you believe Social Security does not provide enough income to meet your basic needs.
This benefit is in addition to your monthly Social Security check, and you may be eligible to receive an additional benefit on top of your monthly SS check. The first payment of SSI was made on March 1.
If you began receiving Social Security benefits before May 1997, or if you receive both Social Security and SSI benefits,
you should have received your SSI payment on March 1, and your Social Security payment on March 3.
If you began receiving Social Security benefits after May 1997, you should have received your Social Security payment on March 3.
By having your own Social Security account, you can keep track of your benefit payments, statements, and any other Social Security concerns.
- In March 2022, there will be three major changes to Social Security| Latest News!
- What You Should Do With Your Social Security Check Immediately if You Live in Texas| Latest News!
- You Can Work and Collect Social Security at the Same Time| Latest News!
In addition to providing you with 24/7 access to your Social Security account, it will also enable you to acquire benefit statements and verification letters promptly,
allowing you to take care of the majority of your administrative needs without ever leaving the comfort of your own home.